January 13, 2011

Dear Golden Boy:


Dear Golden Boy,


Firstly, you know that I love you and you know that I've always been a firm believer in monogamy. Monogamy is hard work and sometimes I just need to look outside of our relationship to get "in the mood", if you know what I mean. But Golden Boy, I always come back to you.

It's totally not you. It's me. You are a strong and confident sweater. I really love that I can knit you in the dark while watching tv. My fingers create your stitches with comfortable and brainless ease. Simply said- you are an easy knit and I would NEVER want to be without an easy knit.

I've always though of myself as a one-project-at-a-time kind of girl but I am tired of lying to myself. The thrill of falling in love with a new project is too intoxicating. I can't help myself. To you she is just a tawdry shoulder bag with cables. A passing fancy as you know that I'd never commit myself to something that complicated all the time. You know I will come back to you and love you for your patience in letting me stray just for this short time.

To quote from a bad teen movie, I may love her (sic) but I love you more.

Yours with love,

Jennifer

P.S) If it makes you feel better, and will lessen your tension, I promise not to speak of my other projects on the side in your presence.


Green cable shoulder bag- my something, something on the side. Isn't she pretty?




No comments:

Post a Comment