October 9, 2012

Happy 10th Birthday Olivia!

Our big girl turned 10 this weekend!

To celebrate I would like to tell you 10 wonderful things about Olivia:

Happy birthday to me!
1. She is cautious but she is very brave.  She rode the Bullet (waterslide) at Grand Beach this summer, did gymnastic camp with her sister, ran for class rep in her new school...but she still doesn't want to go on The Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney. And that's okay.



2. She is a proud ginger. Yeah for genetics!




3. She is a kind sister and generous friend. She has many of the same friends that she has had since pre-school.











4. She is a talented musician and artist. She also dances and sings.














5. She is fun AND funny.
Hey! How you doing?

Here's our princess!
I have always called this "frozen booger" face.


I'd rather kiss a Wookie!






6. She is a smart and good student. A hard worker!
First day of Kindergarten.

7. She gets frustrated because everyone says that Georgia looks like me and Finn looks like Scott and that she looks like no one. I say she's the lucky one that looks just like herself. She has traits from both sides of the family. She certainly has her parent's sense of humour...she is a smartypants just like them.




8. Olivia is a water baby. She is a very strong swimmer and loves to spend time in the water.



9. Olivia had to wait until her 10th birthday to get her ears pierced. 
I was only nervous for a minute or two!


10.Olivia makes both Scott and I very proud to have her as our daughter. Seconds after she was born the doctor turned to me and said "It's a girl!" and I responded with a very certain, and possibly condescending, "I know." We were so glad to hold her in our arms.
Our angel

I always liked this shot better.
Seemed more... representative.

We love you very much. We know you are a big girl now but we still say: Happy Birthday Baby!

2 comments:

  1. Happy day girl!!!
    10 is awesome :) I totally remember

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia's birthday bash looks outstanding. It was just so great to have a look at these stunning photos. We also would be celebrating our daughter’s 5th birthday in last month. It was combined party with her cousin who also shares same birth day and it turned out to be an epic family party. It was held at one of the rental event venues so the kiddos had enough space to play, dance and for other activities.

    ReplyDelete