February 18, 2011

TGIF

Random things that I know for sure about this week:


  1. I'm glad it is done but I'm not sure where it went. I've had a wicked case of day confusion all week. I was certain that yesterday was Friday only to wake this morning with the feeling that I was the cute-but-slightly-ditzy star of the direct to video version of "Groundhog Day- the Sequel!"
  2. Scott is in Quebec for the weekend and the bad weather seemed to have followed him there. Quebec can keep the bad weather, if it is all the same, but I'd like if they could send Scott back when they are done with him. Thanks.

  3. My mom has been at my house since Tuesday babysitting the kids while I am at work. (Thanks Mom!) She is working hard and going to bed more than tired. However, even spending time with 3 out of her 5 grandchildren has not quenched her longing to be in Hawaii to escape the winter weather. She'll be there soon enough.
  4. It is very important to check the expiry date of your passport more frequently than every 5.1 years! FYI- mine expired in January of this year. (D'Oh!) I started the week with lunch with a friend and she told me a story of friends of hers who had travelled all the way to Taipei in Japan to realize that her passport expired in two days. She had to come home. Better I find this out now than at the border next month!

  5. Well, I have learned more than a few things about dress making and sewing patterns this week. Just because I wear size 14 normally doesn't mean I can buy a size 14 pattern. Silly me. Apparently in dress making terms size 14 really means size 8. It must be that new math I keep hearing about. Don't be fooled.

  6. I have a crazy friend, who will remain nameless, (her name rhymes with Smana Kidger) who wants me to give up sugar with her for 28 days. Sugar- my oxygen! She wants me to stop breathing for 28 days. Apparently it is going to change my life. Right.

  7. I am going to be increasingly cranky for the next 28 days starting on Monday. You might see a few more ranting blogs in the next month. It's not me- it's the lack of sugar speaking.
  8. I'm seriously contemplating finding new and saner friends who are fine with my sugar consumption and want help in giving up their serious brussel sprout addictions.


  9. Michael, my brother in law, just arrived and brought me a beautiful hand made gift. This will be hereby known as my Naughty Knotty Bowl. I love it! Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment