May 9, 2012

Here we go again!

I went back to work today. Although I am still not 100% recovered it is time to go back to work. (I am starting to alphabetize stuff at home.) My doctor says that I still have another 3 to 4 months of healing until I can expect to be headache-free and to be able to tolerate glasses on my nose again. So I can't wear my glasses. And since driving without seeing is really not an option I have purchased contact lenses to get me through.

I don't really like wearing contacts; I prefer glasses. I like looking artificially smarter. It is like an accessory for your face- one you can hide behind.  I don't blink enough and contacts get dry when I stare at my computer. I rub my eyes a lot and accidentally drive my contacts into the back of my eyes. (Maybe the reason I have headaches is because I already have two or three contact lenses back behind my eyes that I have thought I lost otherwise. Hmm.) I forget that I am not wearing my glasses and go to push them up in between my eyes while suddenly remembering that I am NOT in fact wearing glasses I have to casually feign that I meant to fix my hair or eyebrow or something. I hate doing that.

Otherwise I am still not finished my Vergennes sweater. Although I do have the whole body complete and 9" of sleeve #1. And with less than 25% of the project left to finish I am already looking ahead to my next project. This time I am thinking I will make a shawl. I am leaning towards the Colour Affection shawl, by Veera Valimaki. I am also going to make it with lace weight yarn.

Last night I wound up my colours and got them ready. These are Tanis Fiber Arts' Pink Label  Lace Weight, single ply yarn in (starting at top left and going clockwise) Gold, Frost, Grape and Midnight. 

Aren't they pretty?


No comments:

Post a Comment